They don't want you to call it a 'theme park'. But if you're one of the foodies around the world who love the wildly popular, celebrity-chef Mario Batali-backed Eataly, the field-to-fork destination that opens this fall in Italy is the culinary 'theme park' of your dreams.
Batali has described the Eataly phenomenon as a premium Italian grocery store 'with tasting rooms'. You shop, you eat, you love; authentic, from-the-source Italian food and food products. When it launched in New York City, there were lineups around the block, and it's still packed. There are dozens of other Eataly outlets worldwide, including a dining venue on the MSC Divina at sea.
FICO Eataly World outside Italy's culinary capital of Bologna will be a whole new level of interactive culinary experience. FICO stands for Fabbrica Italiana Contadina - Italian Farming Factory. It's the culmination of Eataly's food 2.0 vision; a game changer for Eataly and global food culture.
The 20-acre complex is a hub connecting an expected six million annual visitors to Italian agriculture and gastronomy: food production, education, dining, tastings, and retail, all in one eco-responsible space powered by 44,000 solar panels, said to be the largest solar property in Europe.
The numbers show the awesome scale and scope of FICO Eataly World:
EARTH AND FARMS
- 2.5 acres of fields, stables, pastures, gardens and farms, where all of Italy’s best-known crops will be cultivated and prime livestock breeds raised.
- 40 areas of fresh production with raw ingredients managed by the best Italian companies
- 2000 Italian companies will participate in the project, sharing their crafts, innovations and passion for the food they produce.
- 97,000 square feet of retail marketplace selling iconic 'Made in Italy' seasonal food products
RESTAURANTS: a paradise for gourmands looking discover the best of Italian gastronomic biodiversity.
- 25 restaurants, including themed restaurants and street food stalls including:
- Cured meat and cheese restaurant
- Vegetable restaurant
- Regional restaurant
- Piadina bistro
- Smoothie street food stall
- Potato street food stall
- And more…
- 1,000 courses for adults per year
- 40 workshops, where visitors can learn Italian culinary skills like pasta and cheese production first-hand.
- 5,000 educational activities for schools
- 500 internships per year for aspiring young people and adults who wish to master food production, learning from on site experts
- 500 cultural events per year related to food, wine, and agriculture
FICO Eataly World is an extraordinary destination we can't wait to open in October. A vision come to life of a hands-on, for-the-people celebration Italy's rich culinary heritage and groundwork for its future, educating the next generation of food producers, diners and home cooks, and engaging in environmental best practices.
Definitely one of the most exciting culinary experiences for anyone planning to visit Italy.
Start your Trip!
Copyright BestTrip.TV/Influence Entertainment Group Inc or Rights Holder. All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.Bologna