PLAYA SAFE STAY UPDATE
P L A Y A H O T E L S & R E S O R T S
OPEN JULY 1
WHAT TO EXPECT
Resort teams are expanding cleaning protocols and rethinking the experience from arrival to departure. Countless hours of research, preparation and training are at the core of Playa Safe Stay.
WHAT'S IN A NAME?
With the all-inclusive sector often crowded with unfamiliar choices, Playa's long-term partnerships with both Hyatt and Hilton bring certainty, confidence and trust.
Travel advisors and meeting planners come together to provide valuable insight on the needs of tomorrow with solutions for today.
Photo: Playa Safe Seal details
SAFE STAY-Playa Hotels & Resorts announced the Playa Safe Stay initiative on May 4, 2020. In direct response to the COVID-19 Pandemic and elevated guest expectations, Playa Safe Stay focuses on preventive anti-viral measures, reassuring guests with confidence that only Hyatt or Hilton can deliver and bringing key sectors of the travel industry together for solutions.
CLEANLINESS + SPACIOUS DESIGN
We continue to review, expand and develop protocols to address certain guest expectations related to anti-viral protocols and cleanliness.
- Antibacterial gels dispensary stations in all high traffic areas and in guest suites
- Immediate disinfection of guest luggage upon arrival prior to delivering to the guests' suites
- Limiting guest queues and guest traffic to observe the highest standards and guidelines of distance and space
- High traffic areas (such as reception) disinfected twice each hour, at a minimum, or as needed
- Sanitizing and sealing in-suite amenities (remote controls, glasses, etc.)
- Rigorous food & beverage protocols developed in conjunction with independent counsel along with the highest standards of the Hyatt and Hilton brands
- Associate training and strict disinfection protocols upon arrival and prior to team-members starting their workday
- Strict regulation, monitoring and limited access for local deliveries. All local partners are subject to the same guidelines set for our associates and must be accredited through Playa SAFE STAY.
- 24-hour medical teams, including physicians, on-call and on-property
Familiar Hotel Brands Deliver Confidence
Playa's formula for success, or The Playa Difference, is our long-term partnerships with some of the most respected, most trusted, global hotel brands - Hyatt and Hilton. When first-time guests are considering an all-inclusive resort stay, the choices are almost endless and can be intimidating. To complicate matters more, most of these choices are properties and brands with little to no familiarity. With Hyatt and Hilton, our guests are assured new standards of cleanliness while enjoying Playa's unmatched experience of all-inclusive, worry-free, luxury. Hyatt Hotels Corporation recently announced a new Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment that includes an accreditation process by the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC), at all hotels around the world. The commitment to GBAC STAR Accreditation builds on Hyatt’s existing sanitation protocols to add enhanced staff training and support resources. Hyatt has also engaged a cross-functional working group of medical experts and industry professionals that will contribute to both guest and colleague health and safety.
Photo: Hilton Clean Stay program details
What to expect every day
Employee Care and Personal Protection Gear
Personal Protection Equipment is stand throughout the resort along with regular health screenings and temperature checks.
Social Distance Standards
Our associates are guests observing safe distancing standards at all times.
Methodical Sanitation and Cleaning
High traffic areas and high touch points in common areas sanitized and cleaned hourly.
Redesigned Seating at Dining and Entertainment Venues
All of our dining venues, common areas, pool decks and any gathering areas have been re-imagined.
Local Services You Can Trust
All local partners (excursions, private transportation) are required to implement specific measures of cleanliness and antiviral prevention. Look for the Playa SAFE STAY seal.